Sunday, January 2, 2011

1/2/11 Progress Already???

My oh my... Yesterday I started the Blackbird Design Series: Anniversaries of the Heart SAL.  I'm starting with Snow Garden Design 1.  I'm not going to do it all in one piece, but rather all individually framed and grouped.  I love this chart! I'm stitching on 40ct RR Iced Cappuccino with all the recommended threads.  I have one slight goof that is causing me a little fuss... I'm stitching 2 over 2 and as you all know on 40ct that probably should have been 1 over 2.  Oh well... I have nice full stitches... lol!  Here's a picture of my progress... 

This is the progress on Gingerbread Trio.  Such a very cute design... I am partial to gingerbread cookies and gingerbread men in general... I saw on another blog a gal that stitched only 2 of the little guys with a heart in between... It was so CUTE... I'll find it again and post a link!



This is the progress on N.Hinde 1778.  Too funny... I was looking back over my stitching reading the alphabet, hmmm... I'm missing the J... HOW DID I MISS THE J??? hmmm... she didn't stitch the J... hmmm... do you think there's a story?  Why didn't she stitch the J???  Maybe it is the initial of a man... who broke her heart and she just couldn't bear to see the letter J again... hmmm... but wouldn't he have 2 initials and wouldn't she have skipped the other too?  Maybe she just screwed up.  Boy, that's not a very good story ~ sounds like something I'd do... LOL... oh, well... I choose the first... only he didn't leave her... he died tragically and she only knew him by his last name... poor, poor girl... she didn't even get to know the first name of the man whom she loved!  She pines for Mr. J!!! (ok, so I have a slight dramatic flair)
Well, hope you all have a lovely day!  Kids go back school tomorrow, that makes me happy and kinda sad... It's lightly snowing... again... I need to wake everyone so they can get ready for church and make some breakfast.  It's potluck day at church, taking bean soup.  Until later...
KimV

1 comment:

  1. Gingerbread Trio is a very lovely design :)
    I like your progress.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    hugs:Manka

    ReplyDelete