Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Good Morning! I woke to -22 degrees this morn. I don't know about you but that's a wee bit chilly for this chick. Here is a picture from my living room window... the sun is just beginning to rise over the mountains east of us... you can see it's just hitting the snow on mountains north of us. It's really pretty but really cold!


Here is my little stitching corner of the living room... I'm making progress on LHN "Heart of America" I have also started the Primative Traditions checkbook cover. I figure I'll make it for my mom for Mother's Day... am stitching on 40ct R&R Parkcity Blend with Treenway Silks Mangrove and Seaweed ~ I haven't chose the other color yet as I am waiting on my order of Glorianna silks to come.


Oooo, Iam so excited ~ I got accepted to stitch with the Fair & Square group... http://fairsquares.blogspot.com/ I can't wait to get started... but I have to do a little research for my square first... I think I'm looking for a part of a old colonial/new england sampler... if anyone has any ideas please let me know... I will post my finished work after she receives it... can't wait!

You know what is so cool about this stitching community? We are scattered from here to there and back and yet you find that we have the same interests... we have the same feelings... we have the same needs and wants... well, you know what I mean... you might not want a big ol' truck or go hunting and fishing or watch Nascar (boy does that sound redneck or what???)... but we still love stitching... and we still need friendships and interaction. I've "met" really nice people in the last month... I am so thrilled to have peers to share my passion for stitching and quilting and all the rest... So ok, that's all a bit sappy! sheesh... maybe I frost bit my brain!

1 comment:

  1. Brrrr that is cooold.
    I love the view from your window.

    ReplyDelete