Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sunshine, wips, stash, updates ...

Good Day!  
I woke this morning somewhat slowly... I was awake at 6am but didn't want to get out of bed... at 6:25 I heard DS go to the shower... so I pulled myself out of bed and went down stairs to make coffee and figure out what was for breakfast.... coffee brewing and eggs out for fried egg/cheese sandwiches... Boys both up and dressed and eating and then out the door to school... and look outside now... blue sky and sunshine! It's cold but warming up... so nice to see the sun!


The other evening one of the boys' friends called and said "Can we have a bonfire at your house?"  (it wasn't really a bonfire... more of a campfire) but anyways for you to have an idea of how much snow we have... this is where they had a the campfire with lawn chairs... look at the pile of snow we have pushed up there! 


I dug out some of my quilting projects that I had started a looooonnnngggggg time ago (let's just say over 3 years)  I think I should finish them...  
I was scared of quilting triangles but I love stars of all kinds, sooo... I decided I should make a feathered star.  Here it is, just a wall hanging.  I ran out of smoke mono filament that I was using on the top so in the closet it went.


The second is a little star that I paper pieced and decided that I would hand quilt (since I have decided that technically I'm a piecer not a quilter) but I will finish the hand quilting on this small project and then be done! lol




Well, working at a quilt store is definitely and enabler... oooo boy, yep... that's partially why I've gotten the quilt stuff out... I can't hardly justify buying fabric if I'm just taking it down stairs and putting it on the shelf!  So I had this sunflower material that I bought about 4-5 years ago and I said to myself "Self, that last quilt was really quick... and really showcased that floral well... maybe you should go find that sunflower material and make another... only not quite as big" and I thought hey that's a good idea... now I have to go and buy  to search my stash for coordinating material... but I didn't have any that worked so I got some at the quilt store... :) 


Now... since I too am an enabler at heart, I have enabled you also... there is a link up under my favorite links to Deer Country Quilts... we do lots of internet orders... so feel free!!! (LOL) we have lots of materials but really a nice selection of Batiks, Flannels and Outdoors materials! A while back I got this book again at the quilt store and took a class... (last year)  It's by Jinny Beyer (holy cow!!!)  If you like quilting this is a very good resource book.  She breaks down blocks into grids and you can see how you can make the most complicated blocks... a lot of times with squares and 1/2 square triangles...




Do you know she pieces and quilts all her projects by hand???
So update on TUSAL


and EftH Resurrection... the deer is done... rabbits... actually close to the first 3rd being done... sort of... lol 


Thanks for the cheers and comments on my CRAZY GOAL!  You'll all keep me motivated!... and besides what a better goal then to finish a stitch honoring the Resurrection of our LORD and Saviour than to finish on the celebration of that very event???
Until later my Peeps...
KimV

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your quilt pieces! I did a feathered star once, but darned if I remember how I did it. lol! No way could I do one now. Love the fabrics too. I can't believe you still have so much snow. Ugh! We're hoping there won't be more flooding -- there's rain rain rain tomorrow and Friday. I'm worried to say the least. Your Resurrection sampler is gorgeous! I'm loving how it's turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bonfire looks like fun. The quilt is gorgeous. I love books so if I worked at a book store I would be broke every week, it must be difficult working at a quilt shop if you love fabric. UGH!! Like I said I love books and that book looks wonderful, full of ideas and pictures. Well you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete