Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Good Morning to All!
Happy Valentine's Day!
1st We are having a vitual Valentine's Day Party over at Parsley's so check it out... we signed up to do a little swap, Parsley divied out the names, rules are easy, make something little handmade and buy "stuff" under $10 and send it off to your secret Valentine by the 7th, then post to Parsley's site today!  My Valentine received came from Amy in Texas... posted below.  My Valentine sent went to Mary in Colorado We had to fill out a little info about ourselves... Mary's favorite color is peach and her favorite candy is peanut clusters and she collects roosters (but not living! lol) so shopping was fun ~ I got her an Angel, and a rooster calendar and Yum a Mr. Goodbar, but mostly I had fun creating a little box for her.  Here are pictures from beginning to end!











And that is that! LOL! It turned out really cute, 
I hope that Mary likes it.  
2nd... today at the quilt store, I'm teaching a class on the 
Bird Brain Designs Embroidered Heart Sachet... Yikes!  I'm a little nervous.  I like to embroider, but I haven't done that much of it... so to teach it seems funny (strange not HaHa!) to me... but I'll give it a try!   Have a wonderful Valentine's Day... Check in tomorrow for update on Quaker Christmas... it's moving along!
Until later, stay warm!
KimV


4 comments:

  1. Oh I;m sure Mary is going to love that box its just beautiful!
    Hope your class goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim sent a great Valentine box and I love the "pic-tutorial" for the box here on her blog too. She sent the perfect gifts! THANKS.

    Another nice thing about the Valentine Swap is all the new blogs I am discovering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Mary will love that box! It is gorgeous. Who is the designer of Be My Sweet? it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a wonderful finish Kim, well done

    ReplyDelete