Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas...

We all have Christmas Traditions and memories... what are yours?
I remember when I was really little we were staying with my grandparents in Pataha.  My aunt and uncle were also with their 2 boys.  I don't remember why... just that we were all there at Christmas and I remember that they had a blue tree.  I got a doll for Christmas, I think from my aunt and she was dressed in white and very pretty... I wonder what happened to that doll... I wish I still had her... anyways.   We had a blue tree for most of the time that I can remember... when Mike and I got married, I found blue lights and we have a blue tree.  I tried a couple of years ago to change to white lights, but my husband had a fit... and since we have a blue tree...



When Mike was little, he had an aunt who would buy each of them a Christmas ornament every year.  They are the hand painted, hand blown glass ornaments... they are so very cute and pretty and delicate...
What a great idea! If you have nieces and nephews, heck even your kids... get them a special ornament every year and when they are old it will bring back memories every Christmas.
The silver cross I bought used.  It's an old Barton Reed Sterling Silver ornament... I'd like to get some more... very pretty...








 These mittens are the quickest, cutest little gems to make... all you need is wool felt... cut out 2 sides.  You can bead or add ribbon along the top or whatever you want...



blanket stitch them together and add a little poly fill inside for padding... I attached mine together with some matching floss.



  CUTE CUTE CUTE and way too easy!





Merry Christmas...

1 comment:

  1. All those ornaments must be so special to you.

    I remember fuzzy candy...my 'Santa' put hard unwrapped candy in our stockings. LOL

    Good to see you posting! Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete