Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Finish from an earlier stitch...



I stitched this cute little freebie pattern from By the Bay Needle Art (link below) and finally made it into something... it wasn't hard at all really just had to make myself do it... painted the paper machie box and lined the inside with the same hand dyed wool that I stitched the linen to. Glued the wool/linen to the lid and edged it with the velvety rickrac... painted "very primitive" hills, houses and trees on the box and there ya go... DONE!

4 comments:

  1. Kim this little box is awesome! I love how it came out. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog about the break in - it means a lot to know people do care. Speaking of caring - I sure hope your son's seizure was an isolated incident - how odd that playing a game could trigger it - I know proper rest is so important for us all. Many happy stitches! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous finish! Love the materials you used, it's absolutely perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIm, what a lovely and creative finish! It is perfect!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hold the phone Kim....I need to give you my address for that box to arrive at my front door...I'll wait for you to get a pencil and paper..........Kim?...are you getting it????...wait, where ya go?....(seriously it beautiful)

    ReplyDelete